The British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) application steps 2023/2024 and what happens after you apply.
Since 1964, the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) has taught and trained experts, professionals, and innovators who shape our economy—across BC and around the world.
Our students gain the technical skills, real-world experience, and problem-solving ability needed to embrace complexity and lead innovation in a rapidly changing workforce.
Through close collaboration with industry, our network of alumni and partners continues to achieve global success.
BCIT Admission Application Steps
Step 1: Choose your program
View BCIT’s programs and courses to find a program that fits your goals.
Step 2: Meet the entrance requirements
You must meet the requirements for your chosen program to be considered. View your program’s Program Entry page for entrance requirements.
Please be aware that some BCIT programs are competitive, and meeting the entrance requirements may not guarantee admission.
Not quite finished a required course? Learn how to apply using your midterm grades
At BCIT, entrance requirements are program-specific. After reviewing your program’s requirements, use these pages to:
- Determine if your previous studies and/or experience help meet the requirements
- Understand your options for upgrading and assessment testing
- Find out if you are eligible to receive transfer credit for prior education and knowledge
- Make sure your study permit is submitted on time
- BCIT has set English proficiency standards to help you succeed; find out how to prove your English proficiency
- View our equivalency guides to see if your Canadian high school, international high school, or post-secondary courses can be used to meet BCIT’s entrance requirements
- If you are still working on completing a required course, many programs will allow you to apply using your midterm grades
- Formal, for-credit education completed in other provinces and countries can be evaluated to determine comparable levels in British Columbian and Canadian terms
- Find out if you have the knowledge and skill required for entrance into a BCIT program by taking a BCIT assessment test
- Take an upgrading course or program to improve your knowledge and skill in the areas required for your program
- Find out whether you qualify to receive credit for courses you’ve taken or to be assessed for existing knowledge and skills acquired elsewhere
- Don’t miss any deadlines; know how and when to submit your study permit to BCIT
Step 3: Prepare your application
- Check your application dates.
- Prepare your supporting documents.
- Have your application fee ready: $90 (domestic) or $154 (international).
Step 4: Submit your application online
Apply online using the BCIT Secure Information System:
- Create or search for your BCIT ID.
- Follow the instructions to select and apply for your program.
- Pay the application fee by Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
Step 5: Check your application status
Once you’ve submitted your application, you can check your application status on myBCIT.
- Log in to myBCIT.
- Choose “Check Application Status or Upload More Documents” under Student Self Service.
Learn more about your application status
What happens after you apply
ou’ve chosen what you want to study and submitted your application to BCIT. What happens after you’ve applied?
Step 1: Check your email
Within 2 business days of submitting your completed application online, you will receive an automated email to your personal email account to confirm your application. This automated email will provide instructions on how to log in to your myBCIT account.
Step 2: Access myBCIT & myCommunication
myBCIT is BCIT’s primary method of communicating with you about your application. Within myBCIT, you can use myCommunication to view all of your official correspondence, letters and messages from BCIT. The initial letter you will receive via myCommunication contains your BCIT student number, email address and next steps in your application process.
Learn more about communicating with BCIT >
Step 3: Check your application status
You can check your application status at any time during the application process by logging in to your myBCIT account and clicking on “Check Application Status or Upload More Documents” under Online Self Service.
Find out what your application status means >
Step 4: Prepare to succeed
Congratulations! From the day you receive your acceptance letter, you are part of the BCIT community. Follow these next steps for new students and check upcoming orientation programs to be ready to thrive in your educational journey.
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS.